Mastercard is a household name and used by many poker players to purchase chips at their favorite poker site. Credit cards are convenient, practical and used in every day life, so why are there challenges for poker players when depositing online. If you've tried depositing with a Mastercard, there's a good chance that it's been rejected before. The reason being that some Canadian financial institutions are cautious of online poker transactions and as such they try to block them, or it's possible that you've just spent your limit. I would recommend you to use CIBC credit cards, they works better with poker sites without any problem.
Best Canadian Poker Sites Accepting Mastercard
Tips for Successful Poker Deposits
- Wait an hour and attempt the card again.
- If you can't wait, try a different credit card. This could especially work if the card is issued by another bank.
- Use another deposit method. Canadians have a great selection of deposit options. Many eWallets such as Moneybookers act as an intermediary between credit card and the poker site. A good way to get around the restrictions without compromising security.
- Contact Customer service. Remember the poker site wants you to deposit. Sometimes if you call they can give you pointers about Mastercard or know the best way to deposit.
- Last couple of years we have noticed that CIBC Visa or Matercard works better with poker sites.
Although Mastercard is a great solution for your every day purchases online or in a store, the Canadian online poker scene is not your everyday business. But don't despair there are great alternatives and millions of people are playing online each and every day.